Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday

Well that was a waste of my time and money on my bus pass.  I was told that these people would be willing to help me.  They were not.  I am no longer surprised by the responses I get.  Go to a shelter here, go to a food bank there.  Here is some cereal.  Band-aids, not help.

I have known from the beginning that ultimately I was the only one that was going to get myself out of this.  But I didn't realize exactly how true those words were.

Oh well.  No time to feel bad, just have to move on and figure out a solution.

I am really hungry today, but my budget is tight so I am going to have make due on fruit for the rest of the day.  I had a good breakfast, but I ate earlier than I usually do.  So now I am very hungry.  I work tomorrow, so I can make some things in the microwave.  I wonder if any notices that I eat three meals there on the days that I work?  I also work until late so that helps me.

Wow, it was great sleeping weather last night.  I got to sleep without shoes!!!  You have no idea what it is like to always have to have a full set of clothes on 24 hours a day.  It is one of the things that you never think about.  You can't take your bra off.  When it is cold you have to have shoes and socks on all the time.  You are always wearing a coat and usually a hat.  Which is another reason why it is so important for the homeless to wash up every day.  Your clothes are always on you so your body oils are always getting on them.  I change clothes everyday, or at least try to.  Sometimes I just can't, but I do try.  I don't always get to do laundry as often as I should.  But I change the clothes closest to my skin daily.  I am really glad that I hung onto many of my summer shirts.  They have really come in handy.  I wear those as my under layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment