Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tuesday

The weather has been delightful this week.  Warm enough that I don't even need a coat to sleep.  That will be becoming to an abrupt end later this week.  It is supposed to go down to the low twenties by the weekend.  I don't know how long it is going to last.  I keep hoping for a El Nino winter.  Or is it El Nina?  Whichever it is, I hope to have as much of that this winter as possible.

I will have to go the shelter again this weekend.  I will try Thursday night and see how that goes.  If it is too cold to sleep, I will go to the shelter for the balance of the weekend.  My car is safe where it is, so that is big relief.  It just isn't close to internet access or to a bathroom that is easy to get to first thing in the mornings.  I have stopped having any fluids after 9:30 so I don't have to go so badly when I wake up.  For some strange reason I still have to go when I wake up.  I don't understand it.  I have no fluids and go at least twice before going to sleep and I still have to go.  Where are these fluids coming from?  Maybe this explains my recent weight gain.  I must be retaining a great deal of water.  I don't understand why.  I try to eat as well as I can under the circumstances.  I eat some vegetables at least once a week.  I eat fiber every day, and I get as much protein as I can.  Maybe I am eating too much bread.  But the bread is filling so it helps me.

I have started looking at roommate rental listings to see how much they are.  I am hoping that I will have enough saved up by February to get a place and be able to pay three months in rent saved up.  If nothing else goes wrong, I just may make it.  But I have to remember how little money I make this month at my job.  It is the slowest month of the year for me.  But I am not going to move somewhere until I know that I have some cushion and will be able to pay the rent for three months.  That will give me the time to figure out how to make it work moving forward.  I don't want to end up in the same position again.  This is going to be one time only experience.

1 comment:

  1. La Nina ...

    While elimination of fluids in the morning is indeed inconvenient, it is a normal function of a healthy body. Count that as a blessing. And don`t limit fluid intake too much, you`ll regret it.

    "...one time only experience." I certainly hope so !

    ReplyDelete