Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday

Today was a very uneventful day.  I have been looking for the young kid that I believe to be homeless.  I have been worried about him and his seeming lack of clothes.  I wonder if he is escaping an abusive home or something.  But, I can't find him.  Since I picked up my clothes I realize that I have a few things that would more than likely fit him. 

I also found these sweatpants on sale at Old Navy for $4.  I can swing $4 to get this kid something warmer to wear.  It is getting cold.  The Indian Summer seems to be coming to a close.  He is going to need something and soon. 

Maybe he has found a shelter to go to or maybe he made up with his parents.  I don't know.  I also have not seen the older woman who has the cleaning fetish lately either.  That kind of worries me.  I wonder if something happened to her. 

The woman who helped me get my winter clothes seems to be getting her life back on track.  A friend of hers has given her some paying work and she is staying at her home temporarily.  If you remember, I told that she has been homeless since January.  So she already has been through one winter.  I am glad for her.  I am hoping that I will be next. 

I have a good feeling about the people I met from that church last night. 

I heard back from that lady at the state again.  I told her that I am not looking for government programs because all they do is give you necessities, they do nothing to get out of being homeless.  I wanted non profits.  So she gives me this other phone number and tells me that they will probably just refer me back to the same people I spoke to yesterday.  It is so frustrating.  What exactly is the point of them saying that they are helping people?  They are not.  They give you some not very nutritious food, some old clothing, and a not safe place to sleep.  This doesn't help people.  You are just surviving.  I don't want to just survive and stay homeless.  I want to get my life back on track. 

Anyway, it is chilly tonight.  So I am going to try and get to sleep before it gets too cold and then I can't. 

Have a good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment