Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday

Boy, it is hot outside today.  Sleep will not come easy at all tonight.  It is supposed to be this way all week.  I am hoping for a rain shower soon.  That will at least cool it off a bit.  There is a part me that wonders if some nights I will be better off sleeping outside instead of in the car. 

The car gets really hot but is safer.  I can sleep on these benches and it would be a great deal cooler, but also much less safe. Although, there is one office building that has round the clock guards.  Which would be safer, but then I am sure they would shoo me off.  I don't want to get in trouble with the police.  I have managed to stay off the radar of the police and I would like to keep it that way. Every so often I see a police officer go the restaurant where I sleep,  but not all that often.  Pretty rarely actually. 

I discovered a way for me to wash my hair in a pinch the other night.  I found a bathroom stall that has a sink in it.  Life's little pleasures.  So if for whatever reason I can't make it to the gym, I can wash my hair in a pinch.  Granted it will be a little weird, but hey what about being homeless isn't weird?  The one nice thing if it really hot one night, I can wash my hair to help cool myself off.  Granted it will have to air dry, but that is not the end of the world. I just won't look in a mirror again until I get to the gym where I can use a blow dryer. 

I am changing clothes a little too often so I am in need of doing laundry soon.  I am out of money until I get paid.  I had to pay my car insurance and phone bill today.  I completely forget about it so I was shocked when I realized that I had no money in my account.  Luckily I have that gift card from the grocery store to get some food.  I will use the water bottles that I have collected and stay hydrated that way. 

One of the biggest problems (besides sleeping) when it is this hot is that since you drink so much more you have to use the bathroom all the time.  Not always easy when you don't have one of your own. 

I have some babysitting to do tonight.  One of the parents I met from the church camp asked if I would babysit tonight, since I am not one to turn down a chance to make some money I must go. 

Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment