Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday

I just can't catch a break these days.  My car is in disrepair now to top off everything else.  I was thinking yesterday it would be a relatively minor repair, but it won't be.  The temperature gauge or whatever it is called is no longer working.  Either that or fan itself isn't working.  But either way it doesn't come on anymore.  The engine gets so hot that it has damaged some of the hoses.  I thought I could just replace the hose.  Which I suppose I could do for a stop gap measure.  But now that I went online to see how much that hose is it makes no sense.  The hose itself is almost $150, and that my cost before the repair mark up.  Most repair places won't let you buy the parts yourself.  The repair is probably going to be around $1,000.  Money that I in no way have.  I can't imagine I will have that much money for months, as my pay just covers my monthly expenses and if I am lucky allows me to save a small amount.  Although I will be saving money on gas. 

The car isn't drivable for more than a few miles.  But the good news is that it will still work as a closet and bedroom.  I can get to work easily on the bus.  So that won't be a problem either.  It will be getting to the gym for showering that is going to be difficult.  But, if you remember I posted recently that I found a stall that has its own sink.  If I time it right, I can wash my hair in there with very people realizing what I am doing.  I realize it shouldn't be my first concern, but I try and limit my embarrassment level as much as I can.  Sponge bathing yourself is pretty easy to do and can be done almost anywhere. 

Yesterday was my last day at the camp.  I had fun.  I am glad that I was given the chance to do that.  It didn't pay all that much, but it was something.  Every little bit helps.  My storage bill for the month of August is now paid, my phone is paid until mid month, my car insurance is paid until October.  I don't have much left over, but enough to keep me in food and put a small amount into savings.  Which I guess is just going to get my car fixed at some point. 

The heat is brutal.  But there is nothing that I can do about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment