Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday

I really hate Sunday.  Everything closes early, so that makes my day even longer.  I was trying not to write too much of the negative on here, but I realized that if this is going to be an honest accounting of my experience than I must include the negative. 

I used to really love Sunday's.  I would go to church, meet up with some friends for brunch, spend the afternoon at a museum then home to get some work done.  Those days I miss.  But like so much else in my life that is no longer the way my life works. 

I can't really sleep past 8 because the car gets so hot by then that I can't take it anymore.  I can't leave my windows open very much because my door handles are pretty high up in the car so it wouldn't take much for someone to reach in and open the door.  So even if it cools off at night I don't get to take advantage of it.  Since I normally can't fall asleep until about 2 or 3 it isn't much of a good nights rest.  So I am pretty much tired all the time. 

I had this illusion before this started that I would stay up all night and sleep during the days somewhere inside.  But that isn't the reality.  First and foremost I work three days per week so when would I sleep then?  Second, what do you all night in a car by yourself?  I also had this illusion that I would read five or six books per week.  I used to daydream about having time to sit and read.  Well, that gets old real quick.  Most of the bookstores don't have very comfortable chairs so after two hours or so I feel like I am going to lose my mind.  Nor can I afford to buy these books and take them to a more comfortable reading spot. 

I have read some.  I am reading several books at the moment.  Atlas Shrugs is one, someone gave it to me.  The language is very dense so I have found that I need to read it slowly.  I have picked up some other quick reads in the bookstore summer reading piles.  They are just time fillers.  I was hoping to read things about history so I could learn something, but I found that I have a hard time keeping my concentration on them.  So I have decided the quick reads are best for me right now. 

I also had this illusion that I would go to the movies to stay cool on hot and humid days.  Since I have been so broke for the past few years I hadn't realized how much money a movie costs.  Not something that I can fit into my budget.  Where I work has a movie theatre that charges almost $12 for one ticket.  That is days worth of food or a couple of days worth of gas.  Not something that I can indulge on. 

Today, I fell asleep in a chair in a mall.  I am very tired today because I had a hard time falling asleep last night because I was so hot.  When I woke up the people that were sitting next to me asked me why I was trying to turn this nice mall into junkyard.  I didn't know what to say, so I just walked away.  There is a part of me that just wanted to scream "I am homeless you idiot".  But, I didn't.  Since I work very close to this mall I don't want to cause problems.  I come here often and the last thing I need is to draw the attention of the security that they have here. 

So today has been a really down day.  I am still very tired and the bookstore I go to closes at 9 tonight.  So I have a long night ahead. 

I hope your day has been better than mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment