Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday

Mr. Christopher sent me a donation and also sent me a little note.  I want to say reading your note made me very emotional.  I am blown away that you think that I can help teach your step-daughter some life lessons.  My dad used to try and use real life situations to teach me life lessons too.  So the fact that you are going to have her read my blog is really something. 

I would like to you know something else too.  You may think that she isn't listening or just doesn't get it, but if I am any indication; she is.  I don't know how old she is, but sometimes when your a kid you want to pretend that your parents don't know anything.  But the lessons do actually stick.  Even if you don't think so at the time. 

I still sometimes act like I am not listening to Aunt Bessie.  Which gets her mad at me, but we both know that I am listening.  I realized a long time ago what a smart lady she is and how very lucky I am to have her in my life. 

You also said that what you gave me is not much.  It is a great deal.  There have been days that I was short on getting something off the dollar menu at McDonald's.  So I am very grateful for your generosity. 

You want your step daughter to learn how lucky she is to have the things that she has; the lesson that I hope she takes out of this is the realization of how lucky she is to have a step-father who obviously cares for and loves her.  That is priceless.  All the expensive stuff in the world can't give you people who really care for you. 

What you really did for me was make me remember some great memories of my dad.  I miss my daddy.  But, I know that I was lucky to have him in life at all.  I know many people who didn't have good parents, or at least parents that tried to teach them about what really matters in life.  The time that you spend together, because it is so short.  My dad did that.  He lived everyday, especially after we lost mom.  He always told me to live everyday because you don't know what will happen next.  He was right.  I never expected to be where I am today. 

Thanks for making me smile.  They have not come easy for me lately.  I hope you that I can make an impression on your step daughter.  It will make this experience a little easier to take.  I am not going to say worth it, but at least some positives have come from it. 

Again, thank you - God Bless you and your family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment