Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thursday

I got through the cold night and had a warm place to stay.  It wasn't nice, but like I said it was warm and it did the job.  I was able to shower too.  So that was good.

I have had a bad few days at work this week, so that is not good.  I have to hope that this weekend picks up, otherwise I am going to have another very sad looking paycheck.  It will still be better than the last one, but I have more bills to pay with this one.  My phone bill is due shortly.  My property taxes went up so I now have to start paying a portion of that myself.  That will be due shortly too.

I make progress and then something else happens to slow that progress down.  There is nothing that I can do about it, so I just need to keep moving forward without feeling sorry for myself.

I ran into that homeless woman who helped me get to my storage unit several months back.  I thought she was getting back on her feet, but it doesn't look that way.  The job she thought she had with a friend of hers isn't giving her much work, her unemployment has run out, and no real prospects in sight.  She is older and has health issues that makes working retail very difficult.  She also was recently in the hospital with blood clots.  She will be on medication for quite a while to thin her blood.  But the good news is that at least she found a place to stay temporarily.  Nothing fancy, a small room in a basement that doesn't have a bed, but it has heat and a bathroom.  I guess with blood clots sleeping in her car just isn't an option anymore.  I am not in position to offer her much, if anything, and won't be for quite some time I would think.

The young kid I kept seeing is gone.  Maybe he worked things out with his parents and went back home.  He couldn't have been more than 18 or 19.

I have not seen the vet in quite a while.  I hope he is ok.  I guess it is easier for me to worry about others, that way I don't have to think about myself so much.

But I still have not seen creepy guy.  So that is really good news.  I will take what I can get.

I will get some extra hours next week, so that should help me a bit, if I get some sales.

I need to find some inexpensive food for the day, so I am off.

No comments:

Post a Comment