Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday

I went and voted.  That made me happy.  My ID matches my the address on my voter registration so I guess it was all good.  The candidate I voted for lost, but not because I didn't try. 

Anyway - another good thing that came out me voting was I found a closer laundromat.  That made me happy.  I can get my laundry done in like half the time now.  It took me over an hour to get to the other place by bus.  This one is much closer. 

I am thinking I am going to have to rent a hotel room Saturday night because of the hurricane that is coming.  I thinking staying in my car with 60 mph winds is probably not the best of ideas.  Although I am sure I would be fine.  I am not parked near any big trees or anything like that.  I have read on several news sites that getting some supplies like bottled water is a good idea.  But it is hard for me since I have to lug it on the bus.  I have one gallon, so that should be fine. 

I am not going to be able to get my car fixed until my next pay period.  I have just enough to get it fixed, but that would leave me nothing for the next two weeks, so that is not a good idea. 

I did find another temporary job.  It starts in mid September and lasts until the end of October.  It is a store that will be selling Halloween supplies.  I love Halloween.  I have such good memories of that growing up.  Although it was pretty cold in New Hampshire by the end of October, it was still fun.  So I am thinking I will enjoy it.  I will only have three shifts per week, but it is something to add to my savings. 

I was hoping that I would be out of this situation by the end of November, but that is looking less likely now with all the money I will be using for car repairs.  Oh, well.  I am not going to dwell on that now.  I am just going to keep moving forward and see what happens. 

I also got some leads on two other positions and will be looking into those tomorrow and Monday.  I have to keep telling myself that my luck has to turn around at some point.  Doesn't it? 

I am pretty exhausted, I have had a busy week with filing out job applications. 

I hope all is well, and have a good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment