Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday

It is so sticky out tonight that is hard to sleep.  I think I solved my problem about getting my winter clothes.  There is a woman that I have gotten to know over the past few months.  When I first met her I thought she was homeless too, but then I dismissed that idea.  Tonight she told me that she is homeless. 

She has been homeless since January.  Wow, that is a long time.  She did recently find a part time job.  It doesn't pay very well, but it is something at least.  Anyway - she has a working car.  She told me tonight that if I needed anything to let her know.  So I am going to ask her if she can drive me to my storage unit.  I will give her gas money. 

She also told me that she knows a very good mechanic.  Once she passes on that information to me, I will give him a call to find out what he would charge me.  I have decided I am only going to get the car partially fixed for now.  That is all I can do. 

So that makes five people that I have met that are homeless.  Two of which are mentally ill.  One I think may be, I see her talking to herself all the time.  But that doesn't always mean that she is mentally ill.  I talk to myself at times too.  Especially lately, since I pretty much my only company most of the time.  Of course when I talk to myself I don't do it out aloud.  I am thinking that most other people do that too.  Do they? 

Anyway, she was telling me how badly people treat her when they find out she is homeless.  I have not really told very many people, so I my experience is slightly different.  But I do know that people look at you funny.  As I have said only two people have come and talked to me and try to help me.  Both have done what they can do.  The man I see in the mornings gives me money every few days.  Not very much, but it is something.  I really need it this month as my church was unable to give me any money for food this month.  One person in the church has damage from the hurricane and the money collected this month went to them. 

I did go to that new laundromat that I found.  It is much better.  It has a bathroom and it is air conditioned.  It is also a little less expensive too.  So I am very happy that I found it.  It is also near a grocery store that has a microwave to use.  I like that.  I can get a hot meal.  I also found pudding today that doesn't require refrigeration.  It seems a little weird to me, but it tasted it good.  It is only $1 for 4.  It helps fill me up a little more after a can of soup. 

Well have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment