Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday

I usually try and see if there is any stories on the homeless every few days.  I am not sure why, but I do.  I came across a story today.

So I learned some things about myself today.  Well, I didn't but I did learn how many in the world view me.  There is an article about how some homeless people were used to provide wifi at some conference and they were paid a flat amount and people were asked to give a tip.

The article wasn't all that exciting but the comments were.  Apparently I am a heroine addict, a thief, and the walking dead.

I would have done it and not felt exploited.  I have bills to pay.  I have food to buy.  I don't want to be homeless anymore.  Why would I feel bad about someone willing to give me money in return for work?  If it helped me get a good meal for a few days or put the money in the bank towards getting out of my current condition, why wouldn't I do it?

So if I get this, liberals think I would be exploited and conservatives think I am not worthy of doing the job.  If you ever wondered why I feel isolated, this tells you everything you need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment