Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday

Wow, I have "followers".  I am not exactly sure what that means as I didn't read blogs all that often before and it never would occur to me to write one before this.  I checked my pal account and some people have opened their hearts to me and sent me some much needed cash.  I am so touched, you have no idea.  I can't thank you enough for your generosity.  I have learned to really stretch my money, so this seems like a fortune to me. 

This takes a great deal of stress off of me.  I know that I will have gas and food this week, so I can concentrate fully on looking for work.  Thanks to you so much.  I will repay this one day.  Maybe not to you directly, but I will pass it along to someone else in trouble.  That is a promise that I have made to myself.  I will do what I can to help others in need when this is over. 

I was getting really worried about not being able to pay my storage bill.  I had this happen once already and don't want to lose everything a second time.  This time it is much less stuff, none of which is really valuable but it is all I have left. 

I went to game night at that lady's house last night.  It was an experience.  I can't quite figure out her family dynamic.  The little boy there doesn't seem to like me.  The only thing he said to me was goodbye and he wouldn't look at me when he said.  He talks, but just not to me.  When I tried to talk to him he would look away.  I don't know a lot about kids so maybe he is shy around strangers.  She told me he would probably talk to me when he saw me next time.  I was thinking to myself there is going to be a next time?  Don't get me wrong, I am not ungrateful.  I guess I don't understand why she is going out of her way to help me.  The little boy is pretty funny though.  He cheats at candyland.  I was wondering if she just didn't notice or was just letting him get away with it.  When he did it the second time she asked him what cheating was.  He said unacceptable.  Then she asked him why he did it if was unacceptable?  He didn't answer.  She told him that he couldn't have any dessert if that was how he would behave and would have to go to bed early. It almost seems like a game they play with each other.  They seem very close. 

My mom died when I was very young and my father died when I was in high school.  I spent my last two years of high school in foster care.  I was lucky, I had very good people taking care of me.  They were very nice to me and took in both my brother and I.  My brother went into a totally different direction.  He didn't take the death well and got into a lot of trouble and from what I last heard it hasn't changed much for him.  Which is a shame.  I used the money my dad left me to go to college, he used his for drugs.  We stopped talking a while ago.  He wouldn't listen to me about throwing his life away and I just didn't want to watch it. 

Today, I am picking up my dress from the dry cleaners for my interview on Thursday.  I am so thrilled about it.  Actually wearing a nice looking professional dress.  It has been a while since I was able to afford to bring some clothes to the dry cleaner.  So this is almost like an occasion for me.  The little things in life. 

But again, thank you so much to the people who helped me out.  You are blessings to me. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so "Americanised" by your courage and integrity that I had to post something! You are a heroin and at present displaying the American idividualist spirit at its finest trusting in the providence a good God! My dear you will go far-keep studying/reading your bible, from it you gain wisdom and truth...and in your situation patience as well! You will see posts from me on your blog because you have gotten yourself an admirer! God keep and protect you!

    ReplyDelete