Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday

It didn't take me long to feel completely and utterly cut off from the rest of the world.  McDonald's has tv sets now that are tuned to CNN, so I have been trying to keep up with the news that way.  I have my trusty computer that I can use when I find free WIFI so that is another way that I can keep informed.  But, watching Fox is next to impossible.  I guess people don't consider it mainstream enough to play in public places.  Which is odd considering that it is the most watched cable news channel.  At least the last time I checked.  I never thought I would say this, but I miss Bill O'Reilly. 

I sent out three more resume's today.  I must say that two of the jobs I am perfectly qualified for, now I just have to see if I hear anything back.  Fingers crossed.  I must admit that I get a little upset when I see places that still have hiring signs out after I fill out an application.  But, I know when I was managing and doing hiring I always paid attention to the work history and thought to myself why I would hire someone who is very over qualified for the position because then I would have to start all over again in a short period of time.  With unemployment being what it is companies can afford to be picky.  I understand that, but it sure sucks to be at the moment.

Another really bad sales day at work today.  I sold nothing.  I mean it is getting so bad that I will barely make enough to put gas in my car and get some food let alone save anything to find a new place.  But I am trying to keep telling myself that it can only get better from here.  I don't have too much more to fall. 

Have a good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment