Monday, August 6, 2012

How it Ends

This will be my last post.  I am going to be OK.  I finally have a good job and will be moving back into my apartment in a few months.  I have found a temporary place to stay in the meantime.

I am sorry it has taken me so long to write this, but I have been sleeping a great deal and trying to acclimate back into a normal life.  It would seem that would be easy, but it isn't for some reason.

But anyway.  I have my life back on track and will be getting on with it.

I want to say a very heartfelt thank you to all that have read, and all that have sent me messages, prayed, helped out financially, and all the rest.

This blog really helped me keep my sanity.  The people who responded positively also helped in that regard in ways that I can't possibly express.

To Christopher, Jennifer, Matthew, Susan, I couldn't have gotten through this without your support.  Your emails to me meant so much.

A very special thank you to man named Willy, who watched out for me and always made sure I had food to eat.  Because of you I didn't give up, not only on myself but on humanity.  You kept me sane when it would have been so easy to fall into a darkness that I may not have recovered from.

I will never be the same after this experience, I hope it is for the better.

I will never forgot the people who helped and cared enough to read this.  I hope that I helped people see that homelessness isn't just about the people you see on the side of the road begging for money.  They are just a small fraction, the homeless population goes virtually unnoticed because they have jobs, they have cars, but they have fallen on hard times.

Again, I can't thank you enough for what you have done for me.

Tara

8 comments:

  1. I am happy for you. There, but for the Grace of God...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. Very happy for you.

    Blessings from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such MARVELOUS news. I haven't kept up with you the way I should, and seeing this post meant a lot. I know you want to remain anonymous, but sure wish you'd consider the idea of continuing blogging. You can just put "ex" in front of the homeless, or change the name althogether.

    Like you said, this experience has changed you. It will continue to instruct you as you move forward. You still have a viewpoint worth sharing, in the good times as well as the bad.

    Best of luck and God's blessings on you, whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Formerly H&C (Tara?),

    I happened across your blog today -- linked at Just a Conservative Girl (who is linked at Pundit and Pundette), and, having read your last post first, started at the beginning at couldn't stop.

    Your posts are a blessing to your readers; I find them though-provoking, educational, insightful, humbling, and encouraging. I hope you will leave the site up -- there is a lot to process, and I will be reading it over again, and encouraging some other people to do the same.

    I truly hope things are progressing well for you. You have been through a great deal of trauma, and I don't imagine that moving back to your home makes everything "normal" right away. But I know you will find your way. I am so moved by your strength, your perseverance, your integrity and compassion!

    You are just all kinds of awesome.

    May God continue to bless you. (And in ways that are easier to discern! :) )

    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's odd that you bill yourself as a Conservative and are being pushed by Conservatives, but you never had a single political post. So anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just thought you would like to read this:

    "The Life of a Hobo"
    https://hitchhikeamerica.wordpress.com/2015/02/28/the-life-of-a-hobo/

    ReplyDelete